1 quart about low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
5 cups broccoli florets
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 tablespoons non-fat sour cream
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the celery and onion, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Peel and slice the potato and add it to the pot. Add the bay leaf, oregano and broth and bring to a boil quickly over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Add the broccoli and simmer until just tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Blend the lemon juice and sour cream together and set aside.
4. Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender. Strain and adjust the salt and pepper. Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of lemon sour cream.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.