1. In a Dutch oven, cook bacon, onions, celery, carrot, and garlic over medium heat, stirring occassionally, until softened, about 8 minutes.
2. Add beef; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring and breaking up meat with a spoon, until browned, 8-10 minutes.
3. Raise heat to high. Add milk and nutmeg; cook, stirring frequently, until milk has evaporated, 6-8 minutes. Add wine; cook, stirring frequently, until wine has evaporated, 6-8 minutes.
4. Stir tomatoes into beef mixture; simmer gently over medium-low heat, stirring occassionally and adding water as needed to prevent sauce from becoming too dry (1 1/2 - 2 cups total), until sauce is thick and beef is very tender, about 2 hours. Season with salt and pepper.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.