12 slices bacon (I prefer the precooked bacon that you just crisp in the microwave)
3 hearts romaine lettuce
4 plum tomatoes or 1 container of grape/cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
1/4 red onion, diced (optional)
1 rotisserie chicken or turkey, chilled
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 bag croutons (optional if you're doing the low carb thing)
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Pit and peel your avocados and put in the food processor. Add vinegar, Tabasco, and garlic into processor too. While blending, add olive oil. Put in fridge to cool.
2. Pop bacon in the microwave to crisp or cook bacon in a frying pan. While bacon is cooking cut up lettuce into bite size chunks (about 1 inch). Chop tomatoes and onion. Grate cheese. Chop bacon in 1 inch pieces. Cut chicken/turkey off the bone and into bite size pieces.
3. In a large bowl put lettuce. Arrange tomatoes in two rows making a space in the middle, put bacon in space between, sprinkle red onion on top of tomatoes and bacon. Add chicken next to the tomatoes. Sprinkle cheese and croutons if you so desire on top of everything. Pour chilled dressing over the salad.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.