1 fresh red bell pepper or 1 bottled roasted red pepper
1 head escarole
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Cut onions, carrots and celery into 1 inch pieces. In a large pot, heat the oil over moderetaly high heat. Add onions, garlic, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionaly, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the lentils, water, rosemary, salt, red-pepper flakes, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 40 minutes.
3. Meanwhile if using a fresh bell pepper, roast it over an open flame or broil, turning with tongs, until charred all over, about 10 minutes. When the pepper is cool enough to handle, pull off the skin. Remove the stem, seeds and ribs. Cut the pepper into 1 inch pieces. If using a bottled roasted pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces. Add the roasted pepper to the soup.
4. Tear escarole into 2-inch pieces. Stir the escarole into the soup and simmer until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.