Skin from a smoked ham, or 2-oz. slab bacon, diced
1/4 cup pork-ribs drippings, fried chicken drippings or bacon drippings
3/4-1 tsp salt
1/4 - 1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Rinse & pick over peas to remove stones & dirt, rinse well. Soak in cold water for 20 minutes, drain well.
2. Combine all ingredients in large pot. Add cold water to cover peas by 1 inch.
3. Heat to simmering. Cover. Cook about 1 1/2 hours, until peas are tender but still hold their shape, add more water if needed. Remove ham skin if used before serving.....
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.