1 pound small fresh okra, cleaned with stems removed
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 eggs, beaten
2 1/2 cups fine dry bread crumbs (seasoned if desired)
Vegetable oil (1/2-inch oil)
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Cut okra into 2 inch chunks and place in medium sauce pan. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes; drain well.
2. Sprinkle okra with salt and pepper. Dip in egg. Roll in bread crumbs.
3. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain well on paper towels.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.