1. Blend cornstarch, 1 1/2 cups sugar & salt in a sauce pan, stir in water - gradually. Cook over med. heat stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Stir 1/2 of mixture into egg yolks, and then stir into mixture in saucepan. Cook over low heat stirring constantly, 2 min. and remove from heat. Add butter, lemon rind & juice.
2. Pour into baked pie shell. Beat egg whites & cream of tartar until foamy, beat in 1/2 cup sugar - gradually, continue beating until meringue forms stiff, glossy peaks. Spread into pie filling, being sure the meringue touches crust all around.
3. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 min. or until meringue is tipped with brown. Cool at room temperature before serving.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.