1 1/2 teaspoon s cake flour plus 3 cups sifted cake flour (not self-rising), divided
4 large egg whites
1 cup buttermilk, divided
1 1/2 teaspoon s vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon s baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9 to 12 cup decorative bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In bowl, mix chips and water until chips are moistened. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons cake flour; toss to coat.
3. In second bowl, lightly stir together egg whites, 1/4 cup of the buttermilk and the vanilla.
4. In clean large bowl, beat 3 cups sifted flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt 30 seconds. Add butter and remaining 3/4 cup buttermilk; beat on low speed until evenly moistened. Increase speed to medium; beat 1 1/2 minutes. Add egg mixture in 3 batches, beating 20 seconds after each addition. Stir in coated chocolate chips. Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth surface.
5. Bake until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean and top springs back when lightly pressed, about 55 minutes.
6. Remove pan with cake to rack; let cake cool in pan 10 minutes. Unmold onto rack; let cool.
7. Glaze: Place chocolate in small bowl. In small saucepan, heat cream to boiling. Pour over chocolate; let stand 2 minutes. Gently stir until smooth; let cool slightly, 15 minutes. Pour over top of cooled cake, letting it dribble down sides. Do not spread to avoid marks in glaze. Let cake stand for glaze to set, about 1 hour.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.