Jalapeno peppers (just enough to give a zip, chopped)
4 - 6 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up into bite-sized pieces
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz shredded mozzarella or Monterey jack cheese
Red or yellow pepper rings, sliced thin (optional)
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1) Make lasagna noodles as directed and drain and set aside. Make cottage cheese mixture by stirring together the eggs, cottage cheese, parsley and black pepper. Set aside. To make the chicken mixture: In a large skillet, put a little margarine or oil to coat bottom. Then add onions, red and green peppers, and garlic and cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, green chiles, and jalapenos. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat. Simmer, uncovered, for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Put on low and cover and add the chicken to it. Stir and allow the flavors to come together. Do this for about another 15 - 20 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit.
2) Lightly spray a 13 x 9 baking or cake pan. To assemble the lasagna, place a little of the sauce on the bottom to coat the pan. Then place about 4 or 5 lasagna noodles down first. Then spread half of the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles. Top with about half of the chicken/sauce mixture, and cover with each of the cheeses separately. Repeat with noodles, remaining cottage cheese mixture, and chicken/sauce, then more cheese. Leave just enough sauce and cheese to cover the third and final layer of noodles. So you put the remaining noodles on top with a coating of sauce and remainder of cheese. Then place the thin slices of red, yellow, or green pepper for garnish.
3) The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees F. Bake about 50 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 - 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.