1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with vegetable oil spray. Set pan aside.
2. Place cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed. The batter should look thick and well blended. Pour the batter into prepared pan, smoothing out the top with a rubber spatula. Place pan in oven.
3. Bake cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 35-38 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack. Immediately poke holes all over the top of the cake with a drinking straw or chopstick.
4. Prepare the topping. Place the caramel topping and sweetened condensed milk in a small bowl and stir to combine. Spoon this mixture over the warm cake so that it can seep down into the holes. Measure out half the crushed candy bars and sprinkle the pieces over the cake.
5. Place the whipped toppings and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and blend with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth and combined, 1 minute. Spread the mixture over the top of the cake. Sprinkle the remaining candy pieces on top.
6. Place the pan, uncovered, in the refrigerator to chill the cake for about 20 minutes before cutting and serving.