1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add corn, green pepper, and onion. Cook, covered, for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
2. In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Add eggs, milk, and hot pepper sauce. Mix well. Stir in slightly cooled vegetable mixture.
3. In a large skillet, heat cooking oil over medium heat. Drop corn mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, 4 or 5 at a time, into hot oil. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon. Cook about 4 minutes or until brown, turning once. (If fritters brown too quickly, reduce heat.) Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with meat or poultry. Makes twelve
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.