1. In a small bowl, stir together the gelatin and cold water, set aside to soften. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and salt till smooth.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a boil, stir a small amount into the egg yolk mixture, then stir the egg yolk mixture into hot milk until blended. Whisk in the softened gelatin and vanilla. Run through a strainer, and allow to cool.
3. When mixture has cooled almost to room temperature, whip the heavy cream to medium stiffness and fold into it. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.