1 pkg fusilli (Shoprite brand preferable) - can use spaghetti
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup olive oil, any other oil is good
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small garlic, chopped (optional)
1 can (15 oz.) crushed tomatoes (crushed in blender)
3 cups water
1 bouillon cube (chicken flavor)
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 medium red pepper, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 medium eggplant, chopped
3 small tomatoes, sliced thinly
1 Tbsp basil
1 Tbsp parsley flakes
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Bring two cups of water to boil, and add fusilli together with a pinch of salt. Remove from heat after 5 minutes. Drain completely.
2. In a Dutch oven (or any other pot) heat olive oil; make sure it’s hot enough but no smoke. Add the chopped onions and garlic and saute for at least three minutes, then add the crushed tomatoes and saute for about 10 minutes (if the tomatoes taste is raw, saute for additional 5 minutes) stirring frequently to avoid burning.
3. Add about 3 cups of water to the sauteed tomatoes, and bring to boil. Add bouillon cube to the stew along with curry powder, then add the half cooked fusilli (add more salt if needed) and reduce the heat to medium.
4. Add the chopped red pepper, green pepper, eggplant and sliced tomatoes on top of the fusilli, sprinkle with basil and parsley flakes, cover and return to boil (don't stir). Cook about 10 minutes or till the juices/sauces is almost gone, then remove from the heat and serve after 5 minutes.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.