1) Preheat oven to 350�F. Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray; coat with flour. In small microwavable bowl, microwave milk and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips uncovered on Medium (50%) about 1 minute or until chocolate is softened; stir until smooth and set aside.
2) In large bowl, beat cake mix and oil with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds (mixture will be crumbly); reserve 1 cup. Beat applesauce and eggs into remaining cake mixture on low speed 30 seconds (batter will be thick and grainy); beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Spread into pan. Drop melted chocolate mixture by tablespoonfuls over batter, dropping more around edge than center. Stir remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the pecans into reserved cake mixture; sprinkle over batter.
3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.