1. Trim both ends of the beets. Wash outsides well and cut in half.
2. Put beets on two sheets of foil, stacked for a sturdy package. Drizzle beets generously with olive oil. Sprinkle beets with the seasonings to your taste make sure to cover all sides. Make a packet out of the foil so that the beets can steam in their juices, you may want to place packet on a cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 375°F to 400 for 45 minutes, start checking with a knife at 30 minutes. When cool enough, peel the beets with a sharp knife. The skin should just pull off if cooked well. Dice up and serve with butter and sour cream like your favorite baked potato.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.