3/4 cup mixed dried fruit bits or dried cranberries
2 tsp grated fresh ginger or 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
Orange-Cream Cheese Frosting
2 pkg (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 Tbsp orange juice
4 - 4 3/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/2 tsp finely shredded orange peel
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. In medium bowl, beat eggs; stir in carrot, oil, dried fruit and ginger. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture. Pour into prepared pans.
2. Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until pick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans, on wire racks, for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, cool on racks.
3. Make frosting: In a large mixing bowl, combine: cream cheese, softened; butter, softened; and orange juice. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add sifted powdered sugar, beating until mixed. Gradually add in enough of an additional 2 1/2 - 2 3/4 cups sifted powdered sugar to make of spreading consistency. Stir in finely shredded orange peel. Fill and frost cake layers with frosting. Cover loosely and store cake or any leftovers in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.