1 loaf (8 oz.) Italian bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
1 pkg (8 oz.) sliced Swiss or American cheese
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. In a medium bowl beat eggs, milk and mustard; set aside. In a medium skillet melt butter. Add mushrooms and onions. Saute until golden, about 5 minutes; remove from heat.
2. Arrange half of the bread slices in a buttered 9-inch square baking pan. Spoon half the mushroom mixture over the bread. Pour half of the milk mixture over all. Cover with half of the cheese slices. Repeat layering with remaining bread, mushroom and milk mixtures and cheese. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 24 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, until puffed and knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. If desired, brown under broiler.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.