1. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the lemon peel, flour, and salt. Cover bowl, and chill for about an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Flatten teaspoons of dough onto cookie sheets, and bake for 5 to 8 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets to cool on racks.
3. To make filling, combine the beaten egg, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and butter in the top of a double boiler. Stir until thick. Use one teaspoon filling per sandwich cookie.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.