Four 8-ounce boneless lamb leg steaks or beef sirloin steaks (1 inch thick)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 Cubanelle pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
2 pinches ground cinnamon
1 box (10-ounce) couscous (1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
8 to 10 Peppadew peppers, chopped
1/4 cup hot pickled yellow peppers, chopped
Fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped (a generous handful)
Fresh mint, finely chopped (a generous handful), if using lamb leg steaks
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Pat the steaks dry, season with salt and pepper on both sides and let stand for about 10 minutes.
2. In a medium skillet, heat 3 tablespoons EVOO, 3 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the peppers and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook, tossing often, until the peppers begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and keep warm.
3. On a large nonstick griddle, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat until smoking hot. Add the steaks and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare and for 5 minutes on each side for medium. Let rest.
4. In a small saucepan, bring the chicken broth, butter and cinnamon to a boil. Add the couscous and cover the pan. Turn off the heat, let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and stir in the nuts.
5. Add the Peppadew peppers and pickled yellow peppers to the sauteed peppers, warm briefly and mix in the parsley and mint. Serve the peppers on top of the steaks with the couscous alongside.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.