1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat the olive oil. Saute the onions until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook over medium high heat for 3 or 5 minutes. Add the cream, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool vegetable mixture. In large bowl, combine the beef, pork, veal and vegetable mixture. Stir in the egg.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a 9 x 5 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan with the short side facing you. Take bacon slices and place them across the pan, slightly overlapping, to line the bottom and sides. Continue with the meat mixture, patting down to level. Fold the ends of the bacon strips up and over the ground meat mixture. Place the loaf pan in a larger baking or roasting pan and fill the larger pan with boiling water halfway up the sides of the loaf pan.
3. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove the foil and continue to bake 30 minutes or until an instant read thermometer registers 165 degrees F. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Carefully pour the juices out of the pan. Cut into 8 slices.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.