8-10 chicken drumsticks (only), skinned and washed well
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp pepper powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste (to be fresh ground 1/2" ginger with 2 pods of garlic)
Salt as per your taste
10 curry leaves
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 green chiles, finely chopped (optional)
1 Tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
1/2 cup Kraft Mozzarella Low Fat Cheese
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. After washing the chicken, make small incisions between the fleshy parts of the drumsticks so that the marinade mixtures seeps down till the bone and brings the real flavor.
2. For the marinade - mix the chili powder, pepper powder, and coriander powder with the ginger garlic paste, salt and 3 Tbsp. of water. Mix it well so lumps are there. Make it into a paste enough for the drumsticks...the mix shouldn't be too thick or watery either. Now apply it to the chicken legs and set aside in the fridge for 45 minutes.
3. Remove and let the temperature come down a bit and then heat a pan with oil for a shallow fry. Add 3-4 curry leaves in the oil so it gives flavor to the meat. Fry the chicken legs on medium flame for 15 minutes or till golden brown color. Then set aside on kitchen towel for excess oil to be removed. After a while, pull out the flesh from the bones and discard the bones.
4. In another pan add oil. Saute the onion and chilies together till they are brown. Then add the chicken meat pieces and saute together for another 5 minutes. Drop the coriander leaves and mix well off the flame. Top it with cheese and serve it with Indian flat bread or pita bread or white bread or any burrito wraps.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.