3/4 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
3 Tbsp plus 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 medium onion (about 1 cup), chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 cups raw spinach
1 cup shredded or chopped cooked chicken
1/3 cup roasted red bell peppers, in water, chopped
1 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
20 basil leaves, finely chopped
1 tsp lemon zest
1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
2. In a medium skillet, heat 2 tsp. olive oil until shimmering. Add onion and garlic. Sauté over medium heat until onions and garlic are caramelized and golden brown in color, about 7 to 9 minutes.
3. Place the spinach in a microwavable bowl. Fill the bowl about halfway with water. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let the spinach steam like this for about 5 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and drain spinach, making sure to squeeze out any excess water.
4. In a large bowl, toss quinoa, chicken, caramelized onion mixture, spinach, roasted red peppers, cucumber, chickpeas, feta, pine nuts, basil leaves and lemon zest together, until mixture is evenly dispersed.
5. Dress salad with remaining 3 Tbsp. olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat salad. Salad may then be served at room temperature or salad can be chilled in the refrigerator for at least an hour and served cold.