1 large granny smith apple, cubed small (1/4 inch cubes)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
5-6 twists fresh ground pepper
1/2 stick margarine
1 box Stove Top Stuffing for Chicken
6 Iowa Pork Chops 1-1/2 or thicker (Pork T-Bone)
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. In saute pan, "sweat" onion, garlic, and green apple in olive oil, salt, ground pepper and margarine. Once onions are translucent, turn off heat.
2. Stir in entire bag of Stove Top. Mix well, cover and let sit until at room temp. The Stove Top should pull in the moisture from the apple, onion, butter and oil to create a mix that can be balled up.
3. With boning or thin blade knife, cut a slit in the pork chop toward the bone from any spot along the meat or fat edge. This slit should be wide enough to put a finger or teaspoon into, and all the way to the bone. You want to create a "pocket" in the chop to stuff the apple/onion mix in to. Gently widen and deepen the slit with your finger, being careful not to puncture the meat from the inside. Punctures will let the stuffing come out.
4. With your hands, stuff the apple/onion/Stove Top mixture into the pork chops. If the mixture is crumbly, add slight amounts of water to moisten. Continue this, dividing the mixture amongst the 6 chops.
5. Heat grill to High. Sear pork chops on both sides (a little olive oil on chops will transfer heat and allow faster, more even searing). Then stand pork chops up on bone, turn heat to med-high, and let cook 15-20 minutes, checking frequently to make sure no fires pop up. This step heats that tender meat and stuffing next to the bone that would normally only cook after the rest of the chop dries out.
6. After bone is blackening, and appears cooked, lay chops back down and allow 4 minutes per side, 3-4 turns.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.