1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a standard 8½ x 11 inch cake pan if not using a non-stick pan.
2. Mix salad dressing, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, vanilla, and 1 cup warm water in a bowl with mixer set on medium speed until well blended.
3. In a small cup, mix the baking soda into the 5 tablespoons of warm water. Pour this into the cake mix bowl and stir with a spoon until fully blended in.
4. Pour and evenly distribute cake batter into cake pan. Place into oven to bake for 30 minutes or until done as per standard toothpick test for doneness.
5. When removed from oven, allow cake to cool in pan before adding frosting of your choice. Can be sliced and served from same pan.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.