1) Bring the lentils and water to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, heat oil and saute the onions, garlic and chili powder for 5 minutes. Add the carrots, potatoes, coriander and cumin and saute for another minute, stirring to prevent sticking. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3) When lentils are tender, coarsely chop the tomatoes right in the can and stir them into the soup pot. Add the chopped cilantro, salt, and sauteed vegetables. Cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until all of the vegetables are tender.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.