2 cans (28-ounce each) whole tomatoes, crushed, or 4 pounds very ripe summer tomatoes, cored and sliced 1/2 inch thick
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place oil in a large bowl. Add dry pasta and stir until well coated; let stand for 20 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes to pasta mixture; season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Transfer to a 2 1/2-quart baking dish. Cover with a parchment-lined aluminum foil.
3. Bake, stirring every 5 minutes with a wooden spoon, for 45 minutes to 60 minutes. (If using fresh tomatoes, layer, alternating with the pasta mixture, beginning and ending with the tomatoes. And be sure to bake without stirring.) Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese, and stir to incorporate. Serve immediately.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.