1 large roasting chicken (with pop-up timer if possible)
1 or 2 lemons, quartered (optional)
1 cup onion
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. In a small bowl, combine the spices or mix together your own favorite spice rub concoction!
2. Remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken. If you're using lemon, stuff them into the cavity and rub spice mixture onto the chicken (including under the skin for extra flavor). If you think that you are using too much seasoning, then you have just the right amount! It takes a lot! Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight to "marinate." (Skip this step if you are in a hurry).
3. When ready to cook, put chopped onion in bottom of crock-pot. Place chicken on top of the onions. No liquid is needed, the chicken will make its own juices. Cook 7-8 hours on low.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.