1. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Drop a small amount of butter into biscuit pan and place in oven to preheat. Melt the 1 stick butter and let cool about 5 minutes. Whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter and the buttermilk, and stir until clumps form. Stir the liquid into the dry ingredients until just incorporated and the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
2. Take pan out of oven and brush sides with the melted butter. Using a 1/4 cup dry measure, scoop out and drop 8 balls of dough into the wells of a 8-cavity cast iron biscuit pan.
3. Bake until the tops are golden brown, about 14 minutes. Brush tops with butter, then turn out to wire cooling rack.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.