1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line crust with double thickness of aluminum foil and bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 6 more minutes. Cool the crust.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F. In medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg; beat on low speed until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture in the cooled crust. Sprinkle with the chopped chocolate.
3. In a bowl, combine pumpkin, brown sugar and spice. Stir in 4 eggs. Gradually stir in half-and-half. Slowly pour pumpkin mixture onto the chocolate layer. Cover pie edge with foil so it will not burn.
4. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate within 2 hours. Top with more chopped chocolate if desired.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.