1. Combine sugar, milk, salt and cocoa in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer.
2. Place the egg yolks into a small bowl. Gradually stir in about 1/2 cup of the hot liquid then return the contents of the bowl to the saucepan. Heat until thickened, but do not boil.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until the chocolate is melted. Pour into a chilled bowl and refrigerate for about two hours until cold, stirring occasionally.
4. When chocolate mixture has completely cooled, stir in the cream and vanilla. Pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Eat it up and enjoy.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.