4 1/2 cups coarsely chopped peeled tart apples (3 medium)
3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 bag (14 ounces) caramels)
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the brown sugar, butter, and shortening in a large bowl. Stir in 1 3/4 cups flour, the oats, salt, and baking soda. Reserve 2 cups of the oat mixture. Press the remaining oat mixture in an ungreased 13x9 inch pan.
2. Toss apples, cinnamon sugar, and 3 tablespoons flour and spread over the mixture in the pan. Heat the caramels over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted; pour evenly over the apples. Sprinkle with the reserved oat mixture, pressing lightly.
3. Bake the bars 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender. Cut the bars into squares while they are still warm. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.