18 cups tomato meat without juice (about 24-30 tomatoes)
1 cup ground green bell peppers (about 4-5)
cup 3/4 to 1 ground sweet (yellow) banana peppers
2 cups yellow or white finely chopped onions (about 2-3)
2 tsp oregano
4 tsp ground red pepper or dried ground dragon chilies (depends on desired hotness, dragon chilies are more spicy)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp Mexican seasoning
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 small cans tomato paste
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. In large cannery pot; boil large ripe tomatoes. Remove skins of tomatoes and shred in food processor. Strain shredded tomatoes to remove juice (may keep juice to bottle up as well).
2. Remove seeds from bell peppers and banana peppers. Shred the peppers through a food processor.
3. Mix all ingredients into large canary pot and simmer on low 2-4 hours to boil off liquid. (Do not speed up this process by increasing heat-you will burn the salsa!)
4. Clean and sanitize 10 pint jars. Fill jars with salsa. Boil canning lids in hot water to soften rubber seal. Place lids on filled jars and tighten with canning rings. Place sealed jars into a hot water bath for about 10 minutes. Remove jars and wait till jars make a popping sound to make sure seal is good for long storage.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.