1. Pick thru crab meat and remove any bits of cartilage and shell. Crush Saltine Crackers fine and add to crab meat. Add Old Bay Spice and parsley flakes to crab meat. Lightly toss the crab meat mixture to disperse spice and cracker crumbs evenly thru crabmeat. Try not to break up the lumps of crab.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg, mayo, mustard and Tabasco until well blended. Pour beaten egg mixture over crabmeat mixture and lightly toss to mix well. Form cakes any size you want and put on wax paper lined tray. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan (enough to just cover bottom of pan). Remove chilled crab cakes and begin pan-frying turning only once. Drain on paper towels. Enjoy cooked crab cakes hot or cold!
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.