1. Make Strawberry Jell-O according to directions on the box and gel in the freezer for about 30 to 45 minutes (almost solid).
2. Rinse and drain fresh strawberries. Cut the tops off the strawberries and cut into thin slice. Place strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar and add the water. Mix together and set aside.
3. Cut up the angel food cake into bite size pieces. Set a side 2 to 3 pieces of the cake for decorating. After the Jell-O is close to gelled, remove from the freezer.
4. Using a large glass pedestal bowl or medium Pyrex dish, sprinkle 1/4 cup of the Jell-O on the bottom of the bowl. Layer with about a cup of the cake pieces to cover the bottom of the bowl. Continue layering by adding the strawberry mixture to the top of the cake and add a layer of Cool Whip. Continue to layer and end with Cool Whip as the top layer. Crumble the cake pieces on top for a decorative touch.
5. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes and serve.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.