2 cans (4 oz. each) whole green chiles, or 8 fresh roasted
2 cups grated Monterrey Jack Cheese, divided
1 1/2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp flour
2 cups milk
1/8 tsp chili powder
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Preheat the oven 325°F. Slit eat chile down one side and fill loosely with grated cheese, using 1 cup cheese for all chiles. Lay filled chiles in a lightly buttered, souffle-type baking dish.
2. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and flour. Stir in milk and chili powder. Fold in remaining grated cheese. Pour egg mixture over chiles.
3. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until top is bubbly and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.