2 cups chicken broth, canned, or bouillon cubes (whatever form you may have available)
1 teaspoon salt (or less, depending on your taste)
Optional: add about 1/2 cup either frozen peas, or frozen peas and carrots, or fresh
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Mix rice into skillet, stirring often until lightly brown.
2. When rice begins to brown, stir in onion, and cook until tender. Then add the garlic (don’t let garlic brown!), and then stir in tomato sauce---about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
Fluff rice with a fork.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.