1 package (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
3 cups confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)
3 cups chocolate chips of choice (milk, semi-sweet, dark, or white) melted
1 1/2 teaspoon s extract of choice OR 1-3 tablespoons liqueur of choice (I usually use 3-4 tablespoons)
Topping of choice
Liqueur Types: Bailey's, Kahlua, Starbucks, Godiva, etc.
Extract Types: vanilla, peppermint, almond, raspberry, lemon, orange, etc.
Coating Types: cocoa powder (sweetened), powdered sugar, coconut, different types of nuts, melted milk/semi-sweet/dark chocolate or white chocolate
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Let cream cheese sit out to get room temperature. Cream the cream cheese with an electric beater until soft. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar until incorporated well. (About half way through you may have to use a spoon to mix. You don't want to burn out your motor! LOL!)
2. Melt the chocolate chips either in a double boiler or in the microwave until smooth. Mix cream cheese mixture and chocolate until one color. Add extract or liqueur choice and mix well.
3. Let mixture chill in refrigerator for 45 min to an hour.
4. Take mixture out and let sit for about 30 minutes or until soft enough to roll. With a teaspoon, scoop mixture to form a bite size ball. Roll in hands and then coat in choice of topping. NOTE: If dipping in melted chocolate, I would suggest freezing the truffles for about 20 minutes or so before coating them. This will avoid them from getting too mushy in the warm chocolate. Keep stored in covered container in a cool place.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.