1 pound frozen peeled and deveined H-E-B Wild Gulf Brown Shrimp
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon gumbo filé
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Combine flour and oil to make a roux in a heavy 5-quart Dutch oven or stockpot. Stir constantly over medium heat for 10 minutes or until flour turns a deep golden brown color.
2. Add celery and onions and peppers to roux; sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, and Seafood Magic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes with juice, vegetable juice, chicken broth, sausage, okra, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
3. Add shrimp, pushing them down into liquid. Simmer 4 minutes until shrimp turn pink. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Remove from heat. Remove and discard bay leaf. Stir in gumbo filé. Serve over white rice.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.