3 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
2 cans whole kernel corn or frozen
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 shakes cayenne pepper (to taste)
1 can (14.5 oz) small diced tomatoes
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Dissolve cornstarch in a small amount of the stock, set aside.
2. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat: cook onion, garlic and carrots, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. If you prefer firmer carrots, put them in at the end and just cook until carrots are tender. Add chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add stock, 2 cans of the beans, corn and pepper; bring to boil. Wait on cayenne pepper until later. After ingredients are boiling, add corn starch mixture.
3. Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, puree together tomatoes and remaining can of beans; carrots if you prefer them firmer, add to pot. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until carrots are cooked to your liking. Add cayenne pepper to taste. Garnish with grated cheese and tortilla chips.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.