1. In a large stockpot, cook bacon for 5 min over medium high heat till crisp.
2. Reduce heat to medium low and add butter or oil, onions, and celery. Cook stirring occasionally for 10 min. Sprinkle with flour and cook stirring for another 3 min.
3. Add chicken stock, milk, and potatoes. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce to low heat, and cook until potatoes are just tender, about 12 min.
4. Stir in corn and sugar. Remove 2 cups and puree, and then add back to pot. Stir in half-and-half, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring back to a simmer over med. heat, add red pepper and scallions, cook 5 more min.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.