1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl of a mixer or using a hand mixer cream the butter and 2 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Next add the following: eggs, vanilla extract, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking powder. Mix until well combined. Add the sifted all purpose flour to the butter mixture and starting on low speed mix in the flour.
2. Take the dough and put it on a piece of parchment paper and make it into a long log. Chill dough for 1 hour or until firm.
3. When chilled slice cookies into 1/4 think rounds. Take each round of cookies and cut each one in half down the middle. Now you have 2 cookies from the 1 big round.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the 1/2 cup of sugar and ground cinnamon. Take each half of the rounds and roll them into balls with your hands and then roll them into the sugar cinnamon mixture. Place cookies on parchment lined trays. You should get about 9 cookies on each tray. Take a glass and using cooking spray, spray the bottom of the glass. Then use the glass to flatten out the cookies. You may have to spray the glass a few times so the cookies don't stick to it.
5. Bake cookies for 12 minutes (or until they are lightly brown on the bottom) rotating pans halfway through the baking time. I like to set a timer for 6 minutes and when the timer bings then I know to rotate the pans then put the timer back on for another 6 minutes. When cookies are done transfer them to a cooling rack to cool all the way. When cooled, place in an air tight container or ziptop bag for storage.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.