Green bean casserole can get lighter with reduced fat, reduced sodium soup, a cracker onion topper, and some slivered almonds for crunch. Serving casseroles is a cinch when your dish is lined with Reynolds Wrap® Pan Lining Paper
What You Need
Original recipe yields 6 servings
1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup finely crushed rich round crackers or fine dry bread crumbs
1 10 3/4 ounce can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup bottled roasted red sweet pepper s, chopped, or one 2 ounce jar diced pimiento, drained
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 9 ounce packages frozen French-cut green beans, thawed and drained
Reynolds® Pan Lining Paper
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 2quart casserole with Reynolds Pan LiningPaper. In a small saucepan cook onion in hot butter over medium heat until tender.Remove from heat. Stir in crushed crackers; set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine soup, almonds, roasted peppers, salt, and black pepper.Stir in green beans. Transfer mixture to prepared casserole. Sprinkle with cracker mixture.
3. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6 servings.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Serving casseroles is a cinch when your dish is lined with Reynolds Wrap Pan Lining Paper. Reynolds Wrap Pan Lining Paper combines the best of aluminum foil and parchment paper. The parchment paper side is nonstick so the food scoops out easily. The aluminum foil side makes it easy to mold to any shape or size casserole or baking pan or dish. Simply line your casserole with the parchment side towards the food, and cook as you normally would. Now, when you're finished baking, just toss the mess away.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.