Looking for a quick, tasty appetizer that’s a little something different? Try this tempting Baba Ghanoush recipe that is served with warm pita.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 6 servings
1 large or 2 small eggplant s, peeled and large diced
6 garlic cloves
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons tahini
1 teaspoon of salt
pepper to taste
Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Place a 1 1/2 to 2 feet long sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil on a table and place the eggplant and garlic cloves in the center. Drizzle with olive oil and fold up the ends and the outside of the foil to create a foil packet.
3. Put the foil packet on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
4. Transfer the cooked eggplant and garlic cloves to a food processor and add in the cumin, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, tahini and salt and pepper and pulse 7 to 8 times until slightly chunky.
Serve alongside warm pita bread.
Reynolds Kitchens Tip
Make a Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil packet for delicious tasting food and easy cleanup.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.