Use plenty of coconut flakes to coat these shrimp for superior crunch and subtle tropical sweetness from Natasha Kravchuk of Natasha’s Kitchen.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 8 servings
For the Coconut Shrimp:
1 pound large shrimp (21 to 25 count), peeled and deveined with tails left on
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large egg s
1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut (we used BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Sweetened Coconut flocated in the baking section)
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
8 tablespoons light olive oil, or any high-heat cooking oil
Reynolds® Parchment Paper
For the Apricot Sweet Chili Sauce:
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
1/4 cup apricot preserves or apricot fruit spread
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Rinse shrimp in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Set up 3 shallow bowls. In the first, stir together 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. In the second, add eggs and lightly beat with a fork. In the third, combine 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes and 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs.
3. Dredge shrimp in flour, dip in beaten egg and then finally dip in coconut crumb mixture using your hands to press the mixture onto the shrimp. Transfer to a Reynolds® Parchment Paper lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining shrimp. Once all of the shrimp are breaded, sauté right away.
4. Place a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add enough oil to generously cover the bottom. Once oil is hot, add shrimp and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, flip and sauté another 2 minutes until golden brown on both sides and shrimp is firm and pink. Cook in batches and don’t overcrowd the pan.
5. Stir together the sweet chili sauce and apricot preserves and serve with coconut shrimp.
Reynolds Kitchens Tip
Line your baking sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper for easy baking and quick cleanup.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.