This fresh salad from Dan Seidman of The Chef Dan incorporates thinly sliced cucumber, red onion and chili pepper with a dressing of rice wine vinegar, lime juice and sesame oil. Topped with roasted peanuts and bean sprouts.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 4 servings
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 large English cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
2-1/2 tablespoons peanuts
1 pinch sea salt
1/4 cup bean sprouts
lime wedges, for serving
Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
Reynolds® Parchment Paper
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Combine rice vinegar, sugar, and sesame oil in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to simmer for 2 minutes to allow the sugar to dissolve. Leave mixture to cool to room temperature.
2. Add cucumber, onion and chili pepper to a mixing bowl and pour over the cooled vinegar solution. Stir to mix everything together. Tightly cover bowl with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper. Place peanuts on baking sheet and season with a generous pinch of salt. Roast for 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
4. Remove the cucumber mixture from fridge and transfer to serving dish. Top with bean sprouts and roasted peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
Reynolds Kitchens Tip
Cover your salad with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil to ensure flavors and ingredients blend together.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.