These crisp chicken nuggets from Joy Wilson of Joy the Baker are moist, spicy and flavorful with the flavors of the Caribbean. The marinade is bright with lime and rum, while the coating is crisp with panko bread crumbs and loads of spice.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 4 servings
For the marinade:
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup dark spiced rum
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Aluminum Foil
For the coating:
2-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs, crushed fine
3 large egg s, whisked
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons lightly packed light brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground sage
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 For the rice:
1 cup basmati rice
1 cup reduced fat coconut milk
1 cup chicken broth
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 cup unsweetened toasted coconut, to garnish
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Marinate chicken pieces in a bowl along with lime juice, orange juice, rum, soy sauce, olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Refrigerate and marinate for 4 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a rack in the center of the oven and line two rimmed baking sheet with Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil.
3. Spread bread crumbs across one of the prepared baking sheets and bake until golden brown, about six minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
4. Whisk eggs in a medium bowl and set aside.
5. Toss together flour and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl and set aside.
6. Toss together the toasted bread crumbs along with sugar and spices on the rimmed baking sheet.
7. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and discard the marinade. Toss the chicken pieces lightly in the flour mixture.
8. Lightly coat the floured chicken pieces one at a time in the egg wash using a pair of tongs.
9. Transfer the coated chicken nuggets to the bread crumb and spice mixture and toss to coat, pressing the bread crumbs and spices into the nuggets. Place on the remaining prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
10. Bake chicken pieces for 13 to 15 minutes, flipping once during baking until cooked through.
11. Make the rice while the chicken bakes. Rinse basmati rice under cool water until the water runs clear. In a medium saucepan bring coconut milk and chicken broth to a simmer. Add the rice, lime juice and zest. Cover and cook until rice has absorbed all of the liquid, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before fluffing. Top with black pepper and toasted coconut.
12. Serve chicken nuggets alongside rice and enjoy!
Reynolds Kitchens Tip
Line your baking pans with Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil for quick and easy cleanup.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.