A vibrant take on classic slaw with savoy cabbage, mango, sweet peppers, chilies and cilantro drizzled with a tangy roasted garlic lime dressing with hints of ginger from Elizabeth Stark of Brooklyn Supper.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 8 servings
8 large cloves garlic
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon honey
1 small savoy cabbage, cored and cut into thin ribbons (about 8 cups)
2 red bell pepper s, stem and seeds removed, sliced into thin strips
2 small red or green hot chili es, stem and seeds removed, sliced thin
2 small mango es, peeled and sliced into thin strips
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Slice woody ends from garlic cloves, leaving papery skin intact. Lay out a 10-inch square of Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil, set garlic cloves sliced-side down in the center and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Carefully pull up corners and crimp the top to secure foil tightly around garlic. Place in a small ovenproof dish and bake 15 minutes, or until garlic is translucent and very soft. (Use caution when opening foil packet – steam can be very hot.) Set foil packet aside until garlic is cool enough to handle.
3. Squeeze garlic from papery skins and mash with a fork in a small mixing bowl. With the same fork, whisk in lime juice, grated ginger, honey and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Whisking vigorously, slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup olive oil.
4. Toss cabbage, bell peppers and chilies with dressing in a large mixing bowl. Fold in mango slices and cilantro. Taste and add a pinch more salt or a squeeze of lime if needed.
Reynolds Kitchens Tip
Wrapping garlic in Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil during roast time seals in flavor and protects delicate cloves from burning.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.