A Vegetarian miso broth flavored with sesame oil, chili pepper and rice vinegar; poured over rice noodles, roasted shitake mushrooms and green beans from Dan Seidman of The Chef Dan.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 2 servings
6-8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons sea salt
6-8 ounces green beans, cut into thirds
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 Thai chili, scored
3-4 tablespoons yellow miso paste
2 tablespoons hot water
1 package (8 ounce) rice noodles
1 large egg
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
Reynolds® Parchment Paper
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper. Place mushrooms on baking sheet and drizzle with half the olive oil and half the salt. Set aside momentarily.
2. Center green beans on a sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil and drizzle with remaining olive oil and salt. Fold over edges of foil to create a packet. Ensure it is tightly sealed.
3. Place the mushrooms and the foil pack of green beans in the oven and roast for 10 minutes, stirring the mushrooms halfway through.
4. Heat vegetable broth to a low simmer in a medium pot. Pour in the soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Add the whole Thai chili to simmering broth (this will be removed later).
5. Whisk the miso paste with hot water in small bowl until smooth then add to the broth. Continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Cook noodles according to package directions while the broth is simmering. When the noodles are done, evenly divide them into two serving bowls.
7. Bring a small pot of water to a boil and carefully drop in the egg to cook for 6 minutes. Remove from water and peel.
8. Divide the mushrooms and green beans between the two bowls and then pour the broth evenly between the bowls.
9. Slice the egg in half and place 1 half in each bowl. Garnish with sliced green onion.
Reynolds Kitchens Tip
Packet cooking with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil is a great way to ensure juicy, roasted green beans.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.