Fire up those grills and get ready to make this amazing BBQ Shrimp and Grits recipe that is sure to be a crowd favorite.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 4 servings
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, small diced
2 cups grits
6 cups water
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2-1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 cup vinegar-based Carolina-style BBQ sauce sauce
Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
Add To Shopping List
Let's Make It
1. Preheat the grill to high heat.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat and add the onions and brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Add in the grits and 6 cups of water and stir over medium-low heat until the grits have absorbed the water and are cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Whisk the cheese into the grits and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
5. Line a hot grill with Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil.
6. Combine the shrimp, paprika, cumin and remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl and mix.
7. Place the shrimp right onto the foil on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked throughout.
8. Pour the BBQ sauce on top of the shrimp and mix.
9. Serve the BBQ shrimp with the cheesy grits.
Reynolds Kitchens TIp
Line your grill with Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil for easy food release and easy grill cleanup.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.