A classic creamy mac ’n cheese dish from Julie Wampler of Table For Two that’s amped up with flavor from incorporating Memphis-style chicken throughout!
What You Need
Original recipe yields 4 servings
For the Memphis-style rub:
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 For the rest of the dish:
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thigh s
2 1/2 cups cavatappi pasta, or similar shape such as rotini pasta
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 heaping cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 heaping cup intense white cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Aluminum Foil
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Whisk all the ingredients for the Memphis-style rub in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high.
3. Place 2 to 3 chicken thighs on a large 18"x12" piece of Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil. Generously sprinkle Memphis-style rub on all sides of the chicken, gently pressing it down.
4. Wrap up the chicken thighs in the foil and repeat with the remaining chicken thighs.
5. Place foil-wrapped chicken thighs onto the grill.
6. Cover the grill and grill the chicken thighs for 15 to 20 minutes (longer or shorter depending on thickness of chicken) or until tender and juices run clear or meat thermometer reads 180 degrees F. After the chicken is cooked through, carefully place the foil packet on a large plate. Carefully open foil with a pair of tongs and then, if desired, place chicken thighs directly onto grill to get nice grill marks and some char. Afterward, let chicken thighs rest for 15 to 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
7. Chop chicken into pieces.
8. Boil a pot of water, and add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes depending on the pasta shape you use. Drain.
9. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour and chicken broth. Let thicken for 3 to 5 minutes.
10. Add cheeses to the skillet and stir with a spatula until melted and smooth.
11. Add the pasta to the cheese sauce and stir to incorporate.
12. Add the chicken pieces to the mac ’n cheese and stir to incorporate.
13. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Reynolds Kitchens Tip
Wrap chicken with Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil to ensure meat is tender and juicy.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.